Monday, December 19, 2016

Fairy Tale dress

The O+S Fairy Tale dress seems to be my go-to dress.
This time around I had to make some adjustments: chest, sleeves and length size 8 but waist and hip size 10.  During the summer I could make her a size 6 dress using less than a 1/2" seam allowance and basically cheat to a size 7.

She's grown at least 2 sizes since the summer. Her mom said she's eating ravenously and once produced just a stem from an apple.....she ate the whole thing, core and all. I'd say that's hungry, and no wonder she's grown so quickly.

In my stash I had 2 meters of a beautiful William Morris print and it was enough to do the whole dress and bodice lining but not so the skirt lining.


I had a chance to fit the bodice on her before completing the sleeves and skirt, and it fit. Phew!


I also had in mind to knit a sweater. Cold days are upon us and an elbow length dress made from cotton isn't exactly the warmest.
So I bought some yarn and knit the pattern 'Amy' from Sezza Knits.
However, after I washed it and set it out to block, I noticed a hole in the sleeve.


So I unpicked the whole thing and re-knit it again.


The dress needs grey stockings and light brown boots I think.

Edit:
Just got the grey tights and brown boots plus she modelled the dress and it fits perfectly.




Anyway, it's done and now she another dress to wear for special occasions.

5 comments:

  1. It is absolutely gorgeous. As a fellow apple lover, I appreciate only leaving the stem

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolute hero! You re-knit it! I would have been crushed but you persevered and it matches the dress beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful outfit! I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Love that you made a cardigan to match
    Happy holidays from Ottawa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous :)
    Love the entire outfit - the cardigan is a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete