Friday, March 14, 2014

More knitting

I'm on a roll.
Now that I figured out how to cast on, cast off, knit, purl and read a simple pattern, I'm quickly becoming addicted to knitting.

In a knitting shop recently, I spotted this pattern: 4402 by Hayfield with cable stitches up the front.
The whole pattern looked fairly easy with the exception of the cable stitches: C4B and C4F.



So I looked on You Tube for C4B and C4F and found this demo here.
It was easy!

Using yarn by Hayfield called Bonus Chunky I made a cable knit sweater in size 2/3 for Mr. A.


I had a difficult time with the neckband and the seams are awful.  I definitely need a lesson on seams and bands. Toss in a lesson on blocking too.

But hey, I did it and it looks not too bad at all.

Here's a closeup of my knit stitches and the cable. It's not perfect but for a second attempt at knitting something other than a scraggly scarf I'm happy with the results.


….. off to knit something else……….

8 comments:

  1. Wow Deb, it's awesome! Great job, I've never attempted cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's an adorable sweater! Good for you! I've always loved cables; think it was my main reason to teach myself to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on tackling cables!! You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you. Learning to knit from YouTube! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so good Deb. I have never tried cables on a garment (only practicing on a swatch). If ever I get stuck on something I consult the knitwitch on youtube. She is very good at demos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yarn you chose! And love the pattern...you are making me wish that I knitted but I really do not need another hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cables are great. Can't wait to see what you tackle next!!

    ReplyDelete