Before I discuss the pattern, I want to point out that when it arrived I noticed the pattern front and back were plasticized!
Now, I knew Nicole was a perfectionist particularly when it comes to sewing and especially finishing a sewing project but plasticizing a pattern is, well, it's just plain over the top.
I would be completely mortified if she ever saw my sewing pattern stash. Needless to say, Nicole has shamed me into tidying up my sewing stash.
Onto the pattern........
I used some discounted plum coloured cashmere ($5.00/meter) and lined it with grey kasha lining. It was a test run.
The pattern was straightforward as per usual Burda patterns. I made size 5 and fit's perfectly.
However, if I put in a thicker lining like maybe something quilted, the coat would be too small.
The pattern called for contrasting pocket flaps and collar but since this was a test run, I just used the same fabric. Oh, and I squared off the pocket flaps... just because.
The back has a sweet little belt tab and that too should have been in a contrast fabric.
Moving on to the lining, I found the Kasha worked out just fine. However I really got stuck on how the lining went together at the hem.
So I put it together the way I thought it should go but it didn't look like Tidy Heidi was a work, as Nicole might suggest.
Miss C. likes the coat and looks like a perfect little lady.
We just need to work on "don't wipe your nose on the sleeve" part.
Thank you Nicole for sending me this pattern. It worked out perfectly!